Saturday, January 31, 2009

The beginning

After doing some research about adoption agencies, I decided to go with America World Adoption Agency. They have been so supportive through this entire process. While we were in Ethiopia, we worked with the America World orphanages and I will admit this did help my decision. As a mother, I knew that I would have greater peace of mind knowing that my child was being cared for until I could bring him or her home.

I have applied for a child from six months to three and a half years of age. I could not choose between a boy or a girl, so I'm letting the agency make that decision. There are positives (and negatives) to both, and I really don't care. I just want a child to love. And it's weird because I already do love this child that I have not even seen yet. I can totally understand pregnant women and their love for their child. While this child is not growing inside me, I know that I will love him or her just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am single, 30 year old teacher in Tennessee. I am anxiously awaiting a child from Ethiopia. I cannot wait to add this adventure to my life!