Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here We Go

Well, after much turmoil about actually committing to a blog, here I am! I caved in! But, I know that essentially this is important to keep people informed about the adoption. But first, maybe I should give some background info.

I traveled to Ethiopia this summer through Mocha Club, a charity organization that raises money for different causes in Africa. You can check out their site to learn more http://www.mochaclub.org/. I traveled with an awesome group of people from around the country. We worked for 2 weeks in orphanages in Addis Ababa and Ambo, Ethiopia. To say that this experience was life-changing would be an understatement. The people of Ethiopia are so caring and nurturing. Their joy and happiness shines from their eyes. While they may live in a hut with a dirt floor, or not have a home at all, they are genuinely happy! This was a convicting thought for me while I was there and I have not stopped thinking about it since. We need the latest gadget or car, or the biggest house to truly think we are happy. I say "think" because even those things don't really make us happy. We just long for more. Or I do anyway. Okay, back to the story. I'm finished with the soap box for now ;)

Once we returned home from Ethiopia, I could not get the images of the children at the orphanages out of my head. I would sit up and cry at night as I went through the pictures. They are beautiful children who deserve so much more from life. After a little research and a lot of prayer, I decided to start the adoption process and give a child a better life. I wish I could take them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am single, 30 year old teacher in Tennessee. I am anxiously awaiting a child from Ethiopia. I cannot wait to add this adventure to my life!