Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Ideas

Once I posted the first few blogs, a few ideas were missing-Thanks to my Aunt Carol for pointing them out ;)



When I returned from Ethiopia, many people asked me why I was adopting from there. I could only answer that I fell in love with the people. I truly feel that a piece of my heart is still there. And when I return with my little one, my heart will be whole again. Wow! That was really profound. But I truly feel that.



I have been reading/studying/learning about children, especially adopted children and the extra needs they have. Some of the things I read are a little scary, but I know that with any child, there can be problems or complications. So I am just trusting in the Lord that He will provide the child I am supposed to have!



I become anxious about money quite often, but a dear friend text me one night and reminded me that everything will work in God's time and that if I don't have the money for the paperwork to be sent to Ethiopia yet, then the child I am destined to have isn't ready. She said it much more eloquently than that, but you get the idea. And I know that she is right, but in our day and age of "I want it right now," a part of that rubs off onto me too! I guess I am human after all!



I'm going to include more pictures of Ethiopia, its people, and our group. Hope you enjoy!


This little one stole my heart from the first second I saw her! She tried her best to play it cool, but I won...eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am single, 30 year old teacher in Tennessee. I am anxiously awaiting a child from Ethiopia. I cannot wait to add this adventure to my life!