Friday, June 19, 2009

Spiders, and Dirt, and Crickets, Oh My!

As I was cleaning out the basement today, I found lots of things that will go great in a yard sale. I even found a few things that I wanted to keep. Sadly, some of my long lost treasures were ruined. I have looked for my Senior yearbook for years. Found it today! But it was ruined. So it can now be found in the trash can. I did find some really fun sorority stuff that made me smile and miss those girls! Those were fun times!

The bugs I found were not so fun! I had to call in reinforcement at one point. I opened a box and discovered what could have been a baby mouse or the biggest spider I have ever seen. Once my dad got here to help with this situation, he discovered it was just a cricket. So, naturally, I felt really dumb! But the way it died made it look huge and its legs were all weird. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps!

On a happy note, I found some cute wrapping paper that will be great for Christmas gifts and some cute picture frames! And you know I will need those! Some even came from Disney World, so you know where we will have to go to get pictures to put in those! I already have the trip planned out in my head! I will just have to be sure that Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Catherine are prepared for this journey! Reese is ready right now!

I got a lot accomplished today, and as soon as the trash runs, I can finish cleaning out the rest of the basement. And then it's on to the attic! Hopefully there won't be any crickets disguised as spiders up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am single, 30 year old teacher in Tennessee. I am anxiously awaiting a child from Ethiopia. I cannot wait to add this adventure to my life!